Virginia Tech and its partners are leaders in the creation of resources that advance the science and practice of urban forestry.
On this page, you will find links to an assortment of products that we have developed with our partners.
- For Tree Owners: a list of useful websites and organizations to help you manage landscape trees on your property and in your community.
- Tools: products to help citizens and resource professionals improve their understanding and make science-based decisions about trees in their communities.
- Extension Articles: an assortment of articles authored by our urban forestry faculty and their colleagues on topics such as landscape tree biology, arboriculture, and urban forestry issues.
- Virginia Big Tree Program: an outreach and education program made possible through partnership with Virginia Cooperative Extensionand Trees Virginia. The program aims to foster the care and appreciation of the biggest trees in the state of Virginia. The program centerpiece is a searchable databaseshowcasing the largest specimens of over 300 tree species.
- Virginia Tech Campus Tree Inventory: A web map that shows location, species, and size of over 4,000 trees on the Virginia Tech campus.